Please fast and pray every Thursday for the renewal of the Catholic Church in America. Please note: The Cybersociety will fast on Fridays beginning January 2013, in accordance with ancient custom.

This is not a photoblog; this is not a Catholic trivia blog. The story of our origins.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Mater Amabilis


Lord Jesus, Thou hast known / A mother's tender love and tender care / And thou wilt hear while for my own mother most dear / I make this Sabbath prayer.

Protect her life, I pray / Who gave the gift of life to me / And may she know from day to day the deepening glow / Of joy that comes from Thee.

I cannot pay my debt / For all the love that she has given / But thou, love's Lord, wilt not forget her due reward / Bless her in earth and heaven. / Amen.

(Prayer: "Before You Leave the Chapel" from The Hymnal: Army and Navy, 1942)

No comments:

Post a Comment