Please fast and pray every Thursday for the renewal of the Catholic Church in America. Please note: The Cybersociety will fast on Fridays beginning January 2013, in accordance with ancient custom.

This is not a photoblog; this is not a Catholic trivia blog. The story of our origins.

Friday, August 1, 2014

Recollection

     Ah, my dear angry Lord,

              Since Thou dost love, yet strike;

                        Cast down, yet help afford;

                                       Sure I will do the like.

     I will complain, yet praise;

                  I will bewail, approve;

                  And all my sour-sweet days,

                                      I will lament and love.

--George Herbert, "Bitter-Sweet," 1633

                 

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment