Please fast and pray every Thursday for the renewal of the Catholic Church in America. Please note: The Cybersociety will fast on Fridays beginning January 2013, in accordance with ancient custom.

This is not a photoblog; this is not a Catholic trivia blog. The story of our origins.

Friday, August 31, 2018

Psalm 16, with commentary by St. Peter


Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices,
My body also dwells secure,
For thou dost not give me up to Sheol,
Or let thy godly one see the Pit. (Psalm 16:9-10)

"Brethren, I may say to you confidently of the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. Being therefore a prophet...he foresaw and spoke of the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. This Jesus God raised up, and of that we are all witnesses." (Acts 2:29-32)




No comments:

Post a Comment